Healthy Bodies

A few years back there was a commercial that featured a woman who was rock climbing. I can't for the life of me remember what they were advertising, but I remember that the woman said something along the lines of "Because healthy bodies have more fun." When I thought about it back then, I disagreed. "My body had more fun. I could eat whatever I wanted. Did healthy bodies know what kind of deliciousness they've been missing out on?" I've been thinking about that a lot more recently. I'm way more ambitious with this weight off than I ever was before.

When Matthew and I first started dating I decided to lay down the law. I don't hike. I've never enjoyed it. If I want to enjoy the outdoors, I'll go camping and stay by the fire. Dragging myself up the side of the mountain was certainly not my idea of a good time. Things have changed! This weekend we are going on a hike and I'm actually looking forward to it.
These days I know that healthy bodies have more fun. Healthy bodies play with their children. They shop in the stores without wondering if the store carries their size. They ride horses without wondering if they are just a bit too much for the horse. They wear swimsuits and play in pools and oceans without worrying what other people are thinking of them. They climb. They run. They dance. They ski. They discover.

I can do those things. I can have a healthy body. I'm so excited to be able to do these things with my body...and I certainly wouldn't trade it for a cheeseburger! (yes, even if it had bacon on it.)

What are your plans for your healthy body?

Comments

Lara Lee said…
Wow very inspirational. With my healthy body i am going to run a 5k. I'm going to Go to a beach and not worry about what i look like. I'm going to stop doubting myself and not worry if a guy offers me a piggy back. I'm going to be more free.
Foxy said…
Hey!

Shoes AND weight loss? I am glad i found you, and now follow the blog!

Nice to meet you :)


Amber x
divad said…
Love it! Doing physical things with my family/hubby has been on of the greatest joys of losing.

Thanks for you support on my last post. Very helpful and appreciated.
Kendra said…
Oh my gosh, I was just thinking about this issue on my way to work this morning. We must be on the same wavelength. :)
Skye-Lynn said…
Awesome post! And oh so true! Love it! And I love the new look of your blog! It's so pretty! ( :
Lindsay said…
Awesome post :)
Anonymous said…
Everyone loves it when people come together and share ideas.

Great site, stick with it!

Here is my webpage :: plantar warts treatment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway