Apples, Peaches, and Baby Bok Choy. Oh MY!

Good Morning Bloggers!

I hope your weekend has started off nicely. Mine certainly has. This morning was weigh in and I now currently weigh 220.7. That is a 5.1 pound loss! A far cry from what I expected after my weekend in Vegas. Is there a better way to start out a day? I think not.

Matthew and I cleaned the apartment and then headed out to pick up our "Bountiful Basket."

Bountiful Baskets is a co-op in our area (Includes AZ, ID, NV, TX, UT, WA, and WY) that allows us to buy produce directly from the farmers so it is WAY cheaper than the stuff you get in the store. Only issue is, you can't chose what you get. You buy a basket and you get whatever is available.

This week's basket looked like this:

For $15.00 we received:

1 package of Blackberries

1 bag of Grapes

7 Bananas

1 Honeydew

3 Red Peppers

7 Apples

11 Peaches

4 Beef Steak Tomatoes

1 Head of Romain Lettuce

6 Russet Potatoes

8 Ears of Corn

and 14 heads of Baby Bok Choy


That, my friends is a steal and the produce is very high quality. I'd have a hard time finding this quality at a store. I'm so excited that I found this program for a few reasons. It will force us to work more fruits and vegetables into our diet and it will make me be more creative with the things I cook. Any ideas for what to do with Baby Bok Choy?


I hope you all are having an excellent weekend!

Comments

divad said…
I am the baby bok choy Queen. I love the stuff. Clean it well - the white parts get a lot of dirt on them. Chop it -

Sautee it with mushrooms, red onion, and add some chicken broth, soya sauce, garlic and sesame seeds.

I love it in an Asian Soup - chicken broth, chicken, shakabi noodles and lots of baby bok choy.

I chop it up in the mornings in my egg white omelet.

Throw it in a stir fry.

That is soooooooooo cheap for all of that goodness. Baby Bok Choy is usually pretty expensive, so I'e planted some in my garden this year. Let me know if you fall in love with the BBC like I have!

I do have a proper recipe on one of my posts for it...I'll try and find it and link you to it.

Enjoy your veggies! AMAZING LOSS this week.
Lara Lee said…
Congrats on the weight loss!!!! You inspire me in so many ways! I need to get involved with bountiful baskets i think! I hate going to the store for produce...idk i sometimes wish we had a market like in other countries.
Mad Woman said…
Wow. Congrats on a fantastic loss! I used to buy boxes of fruit and veg like that from the farmers when I lived in Canada. Haven't found anyone here in NZ that runs a program like that yet, but then again, fruit and veg is much cheaper here.
erica said…
Congrats on the fabulous loss!!

xo
Viridiana said…
awesome. i do the crossroads co-op...

try making some potstickers...with ground turkey instead of pork...
Amanda said…
Thanks for stopping my my blog and for your kind words!

Great blog here yourself! I'll enjoy reading it!
Skye-Lynn said…
First of all, what a FANTASTIC loss! You go girl!!! You must be so proud of yourself! ( :

Secondly, I sure wish we had a Bountiful Basket program around here! My goodness, that's a great deal!

Sorry I can't help out with the baby bok choy though. I've never had that before. Please let us know what you think of it.

Keep up the great job girly!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway