Home Cookin'...ish

Tonight Matt and I decided to make homemade pizza for dinner. I am counting this as a new recipe for the week since this is something we rarely make and this time we tried it with a different crust. We found a pizza crust mix at the store that was so low calorie I wasn't going to mess with it.
We also used a store-bought pizza sauce. I know that some of you are saying that this barely counts as cooking, but give me a break. :) Small steps.




We topped the pizza with some tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil (picked up from the farmer's market), and then sprinkled the top with a bit of gruyere. So delicious! We definitely will be making this again.

Everything else on the food front has been good. I recently discovered there is a salad bar in a grocery store located just up the street from my work. I've been heading up there almost daily for my salad fix. When it looks like this can you blame me?

How have your weeks been going so far? Do you have a favorite salad combo I should try?

Comments

Meg said…
Yum, that salad looks amazing!!
Lara said…
oh wow... I'm hungry and that looks amazing!! sigh... i love food too much. The salad looks amazing! My new favorite thing for my salads is to sprinkle lime juice on it instead of ranch or another dressing. Its sooo yummy!
Unknown said…
The pizza & salad both look SO delicious!! Making salads at my grocery store is one of my favorite diet tricks because it's SO filling & yummy. Have you ever tried putting some tuna on top??
divad said…
Look delicious! I love your salad combo.
Unknown said…
MMM, it all looks delish! Now I'm hungry!! =)
Skye-Lynn said…
I would definitely consider that home cookin'! It looked so yummy! I absolutely love tomatoes on pizza. Mmmmmm!
Just Jay said…
I don't have a favorite salad combo, but beets and chick peas are my favorite salad toppings . .oh and Artichokes!
erica said…
That pizza looks out of this world!!!

xo

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway