Family Reunion Plan of Action

Happy Friday!

How have you been doing on your exercise goals this week? I have to admit that I've really been slacking. I only made it 3 of the five weekdays. :( I'll be leaving straight from work tonight and heading to my family reunion in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere Utah. I really excited to see members of my family that I haven't seen since last year. The reunion is always a great time.

It does however, come with its temptations. Temptation #1: My mom's potato salad. Normally, I would not be tempted AT ALL by potato salad but what my mom makes is truly heaven sent. It is definitely one of my favorite foods. Too bad that it is swimming in miracle whip and sugar. I have decided that I will eat a small portion of it. I only get it a few times a year and its what family reunions taste like. Other than the potato salad I plan to stick with fruits and vegetables for my sides and just a hamburger patty if that is on the menu.

Temptaion #2: Dinner in its entirety. The dinner menu seems to be just as heavenly. Each year my uncle makes AMAZING dutch oven chicken, and dutch oven potatoes. Usually served with a giant glass of home-made root beer. (Don't you all wish you were invited?) My game plan fro dinner is just a whole lot of portion control. I'm not going to pass on something I can get only once a year. Its not like I'll be tempted to go through a drive through and binge on it after I've had a rough day.


For exercise, I'm not really sure what the plan is. My sister invited me to go running with her in the morning but there is only one bathroom and my grandparent's house and I'm not so sure the family would welcome the idea of me using it long enough for a shower. I'm sure the human slingshot will be there and that is always a work out.

Other than that, I plan to chug a lot of water, enjoy some great food, and visit with my family.

Speaking of Dutch ovens...I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway for their site so keep an eye out for that! They sale everything from cookware, to furniture, and even SHOES!

Comments

Lara said…
Dont you love that whole family reunion everyone eats so UNhealthy but its SOOOOO gooD! ha i guess you can tell we are related. Good luck on the portion controls. I'm not that strong i've realized and i need to work on that. Have fun!
Kimmi said…
I say for sure enjoy those foods! Yes portions are important but I think you should enjoy things you only get once in awhile!

Have an awesome time!
I think you've got a great plan in place...although I'm a little jealous. I love potato salad.

Have a great time!!
Skye-Lynn said…
Gosh, I think I gained 5 lbs just listening to you describe the food! lol My goodness, that sounds yummy! I know I'm late on this, but I really hope you had a great time! It sure sounds like you had a great plan in place!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway