Flattered or Offended?

The halfway results for the biggest loser competition are in!

That's right! Yours truly, and her dear, sweet, husband, are in the lead but being followed very closely by Matt's brother and sister-in-law. This is clearly a two dog race and the boys have really stepped up to make it a tough one. Matthew lost nearly 40 lbs in the last 5 weeks! Now don't freak out on me. He hasn't been doing anything unhealthy. He eats less and moves way more. Sometimes he even keeps me in the gym longer than I'd like.

The email informing me of the half-way results, however, was bittersweet. It ended with this paragraph:

I'm fairly certain that this was just short of accusing us of cheating!

The competition doesn't have many rules. No surgery, no prescription weight loss medication, No HGC, and meal replacement drinks can only replace one meal a day.

I'm not sure whether I should be offended because my character in in question, or flattered that we worked hard enough to make people think that we are cheating. Either way, I find myself more motivated to work hard and at least give Dustin and Mariah a run for their money. Even if we are never invited to do another biggest loser competition with this group. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow you guys have kicked some butt. Definitely keep going...I can't wait to see the end results.

As far as the cheating thing goes...I think I would feel the same way...kind of wishy washy.

Much luck! :-)
Unknown said…
Sharron, so you totally don't know me, but I was blog stalking and found your blog. Totally inspiring!!! Keep up the good work! You can totally win the competition!

I'm also in a comp that just started. If you want to follow me, my blog is
http://shrinkindeb.blogspot.com/

Debbie
divad said…
You're so going to win!!!!
Lara Lee said…
SherRon,

I completely find that interesting. I mean the accusations is slightly unfair. I mean they should be more happy for you and that it that. Oh well Kick their trash and you will feel amazing in the end. Also you should tell them to stalk your blog if they need any reassurance. ha.
Jess said…
Way to go! Don't worry about what they think! Remember you're doing this for YOU and not for them or a competition (that's just part of the fun).

Have a great day and keep up the good work!
Ann Summerville said…
I stopped by your blog today. Shoes every ten pounds is a great idea. Beautiful pictures of you.
Ann
Less of Me
Skye-Lynn said…
Way to look at the positive! Keep on going girl! Y'all got this!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway