Trash Talking

Do you ever find yourself trash talking your food?

I do. I have a bag of Swedish fish sitting on my desk. I LOVE Swedish fish. They pretty much rock my world and I'm certain I could polish off a 5 lb bag of them in just a few days if I wasn't watching it. My company has a kitchen that is fully stocked with goodies all the time and I saw these little puppies a few months ago. Growing up with brothers and sisters, I knew that if I didn't take one right then, I wouldn't get one. So I snuck it off to my desk for when I could work it into my calories one day.


That day has never come. When I think of all the other treats that I could have for 200 calories (Red Mango, anyone?) they just don't seem to measure up. I know what you're thinking. "You don't have to eat the whole bag. You could just have a few." Well..that would be an excellent idea if I could just have a few. However, I know that within minutes of opening the bag, it would be gone.

There have been times when work has been stressful, when I've been hungry and I want nothing more than to rip the bag open and lose myself it its sugary goodness. Yet I haven't given in. As a mater of fact, this bag that sits so temptingly on my desk, has become a symbol of my ability to resist my cravings. I find myself trash talking the bag. "You think you can throw my day off? You think you can make me spend an extra 20 minutes on the elliptical for just a few moments of sweetness with you?" I'm stronger than a bag of Swedish fish. My goals are far more important.

I certainly could eat this bag of candy. I believe that no food should be completely off limits, but it is way more fun to think of my will-power when I look at the bag.

Do you trash talk any of your food?

Comments

Mariah said…
SherRon, you are truly inspiring. I have to admit that this is the first time I've read through your blog, and I'm sad that I've been missing out on your posts all this time!

I am truly grateful to be on this journey with you this year. I would've never kept up on it on my own without support. I'm happy to have you as my partner and crime... and my competition! :)
Foxy said…
I know I shouldn't but.. What's Swedish fish? x
Anonymous said…
Wow that's excellent that you don't open the bag and eat them. That's inspiring. I don't trash talk my food...but then again...I just started seriously today. I love your blog btw...it's very inspiring.
My hubs LOVES swedish fish. They are okay but they don't rock my world. Now chips, that's where I lose control! SO glad you found my blog so I could find yours! I read a bit of yours and love it, you've done AWESOME! I started at like 320 and am down to (or back up to) 237. My low was 217 and I'm eager to get back and keep going lower! I'll be following! Thanks!
I love the red Swedish fish. LOVE THEM. As does my son who is away at college so I sent him a pack (along with his other favorites) every so often. Then my teen at home whined that he likes them too which I never knew. Yum. But I don't trash talk my food. Maybe I should start:)
Lindsay said…
Now I am craving red mango!!!!
You go girl! I must need some energy because the thought of sweets is pretty appealing right now...

www.cablecarcouture.com
Skye-Lynn said…
Wow! What determination you have! Keep up the great job!
Anonymous said…
I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway