A Perfect Day

You know those days where everything seems to go just right and you feel refreshed and renewed and ready to tackle the journey again? Well....yesterday was that day for me. It still seems like a dream it was such a perfect day.

Matthew and I woke up on our own Saturday morning, had our weekly weigh in (Down 1.8 lbs) and then headed down to our community gym to get our workout out of the way. After a sweaty gym session we came back home and got ready for the day. We drove north to the Downtown Salt Lake City Farmer's Market. I've never been but had heard it was really great. What an understatement! The rows of fresh produce and flowers were gorgeous. The scents of kettlecorn, flowers, and fresh herbs were intoxicating. (Although the smells from some of the hippies walking around wasn't!) There were samples everywhere. We tried honey butter, goat cheese, fresh made pesto, Jam, artisan breads.....it was endless! What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning.

We left with a bag summer squash, pistachio pesto, Lemon Artichoke pesto, Chipotle meat rub, green beans, apricots, and some of the best garlic bread I've ever eaten. Not too shabby for a morning in the park.

Afterwards, Matthew took me to a little cafe looking over some beautiful gardens. I had a salad with spinach, berries, fresh brie and walnuts. So Yummy. Our check came with two coconut macaroons and I couldn't resist. After lunch we came home and napped for a bit. (Does life get any better than Saturday afternoon naps?)

We then packed up some blankets and headed to Park City where we had tickets for the Deer Valley Music Festival. The concert takes place on a ski lift turned into an amphitheater. We spread our blanket out on the lawn and had a picnic. Dinner was a basil, mozzarella, turkey sandwich and a fresh fruit cup from a local sandwich shop while we waited for the show to start


We also ran into a friend of mine from high school! Hi Lauren.


Yesterday's concert was Ben Fold's with the Utah Symphony. It was a great show. Ben Folds is such a funny guy and the symphony backing him up was beautiful. During intermission I ate one of these:


The view was incredible.



For the final song, Ben Folds played "The Luckiest." This song holds a special place in my heart as it is mine and Matthew's song. Matt grabbed my hand and lead my down the hill off to the side to dance. It was as though no one else was around. It was just us, off in our own little world. (Have I told you lately how lucky I am to have a man like Matthew?) It was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

I rode home filled with peace and renewed on my journey to being healthy. I really needed yesterday and I was so blessed to get it.

Comments

Lara Lee said…
oh man, that does sound like an amazing day!!! i'm slightly jealous. ha one day!!! hahaha so much fun :D
Unknown said…
Sharron,

Love the blog, found it while blog surfing and I just noticed that we are practically neighbors. I'm in Bountiful! =)

I've been meaning to make it out to the SL Farmers Market, but haven't done it yet. Maybe next weekend.

Debbie
http://shrinkindeb.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Sounds like the perfect Saturday!! And you look FANTASTIC in your picture by the way!! Great job!!

Hope this week is as good as the weekend was for you!!
Foxy said…
Oooh look at you skinny minnie! I can see it in your face especially, you should have a good luck and applaud yourself! :)

Amber
Skye-Lynn said…
Awwww, it makes me so happy to read a post like this one! So refreshing! Thanks for sharing! And I wish you guys to have many, many more days like this one!
Anonymous said…
[color=#5588aa]Great post! thank you for sharing this information. shoestolose.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#5588aa]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway