A Year Ago

Sometimes I have a hard time keeping myself motivated. Its hard to to make lasting changes and occasionally it just doesn't seem worth it and it feels extra hard. I look in the mirror and don't see any changes. The end goal seems so far away!

The one thing I've found that will constantly remind me why I'm doing this, isn't trying on a new smaller size in the store. In fact, it is the opposite. I love to try on my old clothes. Its a great visual reminder of how far I've come and why there is no way that I'll stop now.

A year ago, this week, I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in a wedding for a pair of close friends. Usually, a girl can get away with an unflattering dress by saying it isn't her style, the color didn't suite her, and it wasn't her fault because the bride picked it out. I don't have any of these excuses. I helped to pick out this dress. I even thought I should buy a 24 and work to lose some weight but I took the easy way out and grabbed the 26.

Over the next 2 months I believe I managed to pack on approximately 15 lbs. (Being unemployed and working on perfecting my cheesecake recipe certainly didn't help) By the day the wedding came I felt horrible in the dress. It was SO tight and showed all of my "curves" especially the ones in the wrong places. I was ashamed to be part of the wedding. Everything else was beautiful, why couldn't I be?

This is me one year ago (wearing a control tank top and a full SPANX suit:

This is me today (ignore the frame in the background that is framing my head. It was Matt's little way of getting back at me for making him take pictures) :
Please excuse the bra strap. The dress was falling off of me.

I had no idea there was such a big difference! I never would have imagined that I would be grateful to have a picture of me on that day.

What do you do to continue to stay motivated?

P.S. Happy Anniversary Scott and Chelsea!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow!! If that doesn't make you feel AMAZING...I don't know what would. CONGRATS!! You look FANTASTIC!!

Keep up the incredible work!!
Laurie said…
That's so awesome! Definitely an inspiration to keep going! :)
Wow! How cool that you can sooo see the change in that dress. Great job.
Meg said…
Wow! That is such a cool photo comparison. And you are GORGEOUS!!
First, I don't think you look as bad as you think in that dress the first time. BUT, isn't it awesome that the dress is completely and hopefully forever unwearable by you now??? I remember when I had a skirt, one of my few non elastic ones that was SUPER tight. I remember putting it on and completely not being able to wear it because it was so loose. That felt so good, despite how much I loved that skirt!! I GLADLY donated it!! Good for you, keep it up!
Just Jay said…
Clothes definitely motivate me . . and like you said, it's the "this clothes is too big for me" effect that does the trick. I actually got rid of half of my winter wardrobe because they were all baggy and ill fitting.

Congratulations Beautiful!
divad said…
Amazing! Clothes motivate me too. In fact, I tried on my size 8 goal jeans today, and I think another 5 pounds and they will be totally comfortable. You look great!!!!
Lara said…
HOLY SH#@!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!
like i know your losign weight but yeah that really show's a difference!!! girl we need to get together soon!!!!
Skye-Lynn said…
OMGoodness! What amazing comparison shots! Girl, you are doing fantastic! I am so proud of you!
Foxy said…
wow, that is just so inspiring! look at you.
I kept a pair of my biggest size jeans too, in the wardrobe, for when i feel it's not going anywhere. I can double agree it works. DEFO!

Amber
erica said…
Dang girly! What a complete transformation! You look absolutely fabulous and should be so proud!!

xo
Six of Us said…
Because it's been so freaking long since I've seen you, can I just tell you that I'm freaking out right now? You look freaking amazing. I'm using the word freaking in almost every sentence so that you can understand my joy and excitement for you.
I love you and while clothes are a great motivator, I think you just passed them up.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway