One thing you will soon learn about me is that I eat out...a lot! It has definitely been a challenge these last few months but I was determined when I started this diet, not to make my husband feel deprived because of it and Matthew loves to go out.

Since my new habits are a lifestyle change I decided it would be much more effective if I just used my resources and find ways to eat out and still have a healthy, balanced diet.

Some of my favorite tools are:
Calorie Count.com
Eat this, not that
and all of the nutrition information available online.
More on those later.

I ate out twice today. Once with some of the lovely ladies that I work with and then again this evening for dinner.



It was olive garden for lunch with my work peeps. A bowl of their minestrone soup is only 100 calories and SO satisfying. I had two bowls of soup and I may or may not have been tempted by a breadstick.




And once I remembered that I forgot to defrost and marinate chicken this morning for dinner, we quickly made plans with Matt's brother and sister in law for dinner at Zupas. If you aren't a Utah native, you've probably never heard of Zupas. I had a Turkey, bacon, avocado panini and some Tuscan white bean and vegetable soup. So Tasty!

I had every intention of taking a picture of this meal but it was all gone by the time I remembered.

After dinner we headed over to Red Mango for some dessert. I always get original yogurt with strawberries and dark chocolate. It really tastes like it is cheating. This time I remember to take the picture at least before I finished.



This is my sister in law enjoying some excellent frozen yogurt.

She has been on this journey with me as well and so far has lost nearly 50 lbs! Go Mariah!




How have you adjusted your dining out habits?


Did you stop eating out all together or just start making better choices?

Comments

Unknown said…
My family eats out a lot, too. I just watch what I eat. I ALWAYS ask for the nutritional info. If they don't have the info, I just try to use my best judgement and look for grilled chicken or fish if possible.

You and your SIL are both doing wonderfully!!! Congrats on your losses so far!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway