Diet Fail

This weekend I had every intention of behaving. I really, really underestimated how much traveling can throw you off! First off, before I left on Thursday I had a bit of a binge. (more on this later) We stopped for dinner at KFC and I had two grilled chicken breasts and some green beans. Later that evening I had some frozen yogurt but the day wasn't a complete bust because my calorie count came in right in around 1300.

Friday morning my mom wanted to take us out to breakfast so we went to a cafe in the hotel. I had an egg white omelet with ham, green peppers, and onions with a side of fruit. So far so good.

After breakfast we said goodbye and headed down to Las Vegas.



We met up with Matt's friends around 2 and they just wanted to go to the food court for a quick lunch. I had a BLT Salad from McDonald's and only used a small amount of the dressing. This is where things take a turn for the worse. For dinner we ate at The Grand Lux cafe. (think Cheesecake factory) I already told myself that I certainly wasn't going to beat myself up for this meal as I had been good the rest of the day. I ordered my favorite food: Chicken Parmesan.


(This picture really doesn't give it justice, The romantic lighting wasn't good for pictures)

OMGoodness!! This was one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten and it was huge! I didn't even get halfway through before I was completely stuffed. We went out for the rest of the evening but when I came back to the hotel room the leftovers were too much to resist. I had a bit more before giving what was left to Matthew. Again...I'm OK with this, It was my birthday.


The rest of the weekend is a bad blur of bacon, fruit crepes, more chicken Parmesan, Jack in the Box, McDonald's, and Panda Express. :(

Not my proudest moment.


But I'm back. Today is Monday. It is a new day. I can do this! I'm jumping back on the wagon with both feet. When I finish this post I'm heading to the gym for a sweaty session on the elliptical.

How is your weekend going so far?

Comments

erica said…
Girl don't beat yourself up over it at all. You are doing fabulous, and you have to treat yourself sometimes! You didn't do terrible, and you are doing awesome and will continue to do amazing! The chicken parm looks pretty fab! I haven't had that in forever.. yum! The omelette looked pretty good as well! Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend! Enjoy your day!

xo
M said…
My weekend is ok, Im sad today is the last day of vacay but excited to go back to work. lol.

Forgive your yesterdays :) Its already done, next!
Lara Lee said…
hey Life happens as long as you get back at it! Dont forget the 5k we are training for :D Oh and I went today and I wasnt as bad as i thought I was going to be... i need to train better but today was a trial :D Anyways Happy birthday and I'm excited to see a blog from you.
River said…
I am not the one to judge! Thank God I'm broke lately or I'd be drowning in all sorts of naughty food.

But you enjoyed your time and now back! Don't feel quilty about it. Even a skinny-butt babe would eat some "bad" food and may be even gain a pound. Not that I mean you gained. But now that you had your fun it's time to go back to "normal" and everybody deserves to have some fun!!!!!!!
Kendra said…
It's totally holiday food rules this weekend and doubly for you since it's your birthday.
divad said…
Yes you can do this and it's a new day, a new week and you're off holidays! You look great in your photo! Very pretty in pink!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway