Wrong Fit Jeans

Have you ever tried the right fit jeans? They are a brand of jeans available at Lane Bryant, FashionBug, and Cathrines. I had my first experience with these last weekend and I'm still thinking about it. There is supposed to be a fit for every different shape, Straight, Moderately Curvy, and Curvy. When I saw these I thought it was a great idea since us girls are certainly not all shaped alike.

I am currently wearing a 16/18 but the jeans looked a little small so I grabbed a size 20, to avoid any dressing room meltdowns, and since I didn't know if I was a yellow, red, or blue, I took one of each.

First I tried on the red- moderately curvy pair. They fit alright around the middle but had a little extra material in the hip. Certainly not the place us larger women want extra material.
Next I tried the blue- Curvy pair. The waist was a little roomy but I expected that since they were a size or two too big. These had A TON of room in the hips. I almost wish that I would have taken a picture of me wearing these because it was really quite comical.

At this point I'm thinking the yellow- straight pair are definitely going to be the jeans for me. I go to put them on, and as I'm pulling up them up around my theighs, I notice that they are much tighter than the previous pair. MUCH tighter. I get them up and around my waist, suck in, and squeeze the sides together to button them up. No way would this look ever be acceptable in public unless I was trying to make an apperance on people of walmart. The fit on the leg was good but the waist was really not going to happen.
Frustrated, I took all three pair of jeans out of the dressing room and back to the shelf where I was met by an enthusiastic store employee.

"How did you like our right fit jeans?!" She asked.

To which I replied. "I didn't."

She continued to tell me that with the yellow ones you usually have to go up two or three sizes to get the right fit that they promise.

Now, in months past I've criticized women who wear clothing that is seriously too small for them, thinking that it must be that they are too scared to go up a size and have it actually look right on them. However, at this point. I could at least sympathize with them. I've worked really hard to get to the size I'm in right now and like hell am I going to buy another size 24.

I told the associate that and she said she understood and that I was not the first person to mention that to her. So why would a store that specializes in plus size clothing not understand the problem and size their jeans accordingly? I'm shocked that the business model of making women feel bad about themselves is effective.

I left the store that day without any jeans only to find an excellent pair of size 16 Calvin Klein jeans at my local Ross that happen to have the "right fit."

Have any of you tried the right fit jeans? Where do you buy your jeans? Do you refuse to go up in size?

Comments

Lara said…
I tried them once, I got frustrated as well and just left. I couldnt figure out what they wanted! and even teh sales lady was trying to help but nothing. i guess i'm not ment to ahve the right fit... haha I love TORRID i bought some really nice Silver Jeans there. LOVE THEM! And yeah, i do refuse to go up a size.. but if i cant fit and I need jeans.. i just dont look at the size and grab them. it makes me mad. that is why i only have 2 pairs of jeans.
Jeans? What are those?? Oh right, the things that I squeezed into in high school! I've never tried these but I so dream of wearing jeans again. Jeans that I feel comfortable in and actually LOOK good!!
Miz said…
this needs to be everywhere...


apparelmakers kind of suck (thats the technical term :) the s-word)


MizFIt
greekwitch said…
What she(Debby does dinner healthy) said!
Becka and Ty said…
I also agree! Although I love jeans I hate how they never fit correctly. I think that the jean companies and shoe companies should get together and chat.
Meg said…
Holy frustrating! I always buy the same cut of jeans at the Gap. I've been wearing Long and Leans for about 10 years now! I hate shopping for jeans.
Anonymous said…
Oh I absolutely hate those jeans. They don't fit right...and they annoy me too. I have a couple of older pairs of jeans from Fashion Bug that I love but they are quickly getting worn out. I hate the idea of buying new ones.
Kendra said…
I think that I best articulate my feelings at the end of this post http://www.kendrathroughthelookingglass.com/2010/07/dear-old-navy-and-lane-bryant.html

I am not such a fan to say the least.
HannahThompson said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristina said…
I have an award for you over at my blog: http://hgr8scot.blogspot.com/
Skye-Lynn said…
I completely agree with you about plus size stores not understanding! I was in the Avenue complaining about the same exact thing just this past weekend! Uuugh! It's so frustrating!

The last pair of jeans I bought were from Catherine's. It was the first time I had bought jeans there.

I was a RED and I needed a size 6 Petite. Yes SIX!

I was so offended by this number that I almost didn't buy the darn jeans. Putting a number "6" on plus size jeans felt like a slap in the face to me.

Lucky for them, I loved the way they fit. That's the only reason I gave in and bought them.

But I can promise you, it will be the last time. I refuse to buy plus size clothes again. I am not doing it.

The next time I buy myself a piece of clothes, it will be in a regular size. No matter how long I have to suffer with what I already have! I will wear these suckers until they literally fall off of me as I'm walking into the regular size stores! ( :
Anonymous said…
[url=http://buynolvadexonlineone.com/#zbicu]nolvadex online without prescription[/url] - buy nolvadex , http://buynolvadexonlineone.com/#pxjxc nolvadex 20 mg

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway