Size 8!!

No, its certainly not my pant size, or even my shoe size, but it is my ring size! This probably isn't a big deal to most of you because I know a lot of people who's fingers aren't as affected by weight as mine are. My original engagement ring was a size 10.5. Its beautiful but always a little embarrassing when other girls would ask to try it on and it was huge on their fingers.


This is what my wedding set looks like. Photo by Laurie Terry Photography.

When my Matt and I were engaged we went to a bridal show and there was a drawing at the end for several prices offered by different wedding industries. They were choosing the winners by asking for different traits in the brides. There was a prize given for the youngest bride, the oldest bride, the bride who's wedding was the furthest away, and the bride who's weeding was the closest. Then they asked for the bride with the biggest ring size. I knew my ring was big but I didn't realize how big it was. I raised my hand and shouted out a boisterous "Ten and a half!" Dead silence. Then I heard someone a bit behind me say, "Really?"

Well, size 10.5 no more. My rings have been getting bigger and bigger on me since I started losing weight. A few months ago I had to go get a ring snuggie to stop my ring from falling off. It lasted a while but then I started getting really nervous to wear my ring because it would fall off so easily. I can get my rings resized, but it weakens the ring each time they do it, and it costs money each time so I've decided to wait until I get to goal weight to have this done.

Instead, I decided to buy a titanium ring because they're cheap and they won't turn my finger green. I ordered it in a size 8 and then began stressing that it wasn't going to fit. My new ring got here Thursday and it fits! I've lost 2.5 ring sizes. That is a Non-Scale Victory if I've ever heard one! Btw, I got the ring pictured above here.

As for my actual scale victory, I lost 3.3 lbs this week making it an even 90 pounds lost! You all know what that means!...New Shoes! Check back later to see my newest pair.

Comments

Laurie said…
That is so fantastic!! I have a few rings that I can't wear any more because they're too big. I can't wait until you get your ring resized. I've never heard of a ring snuggie. That's cool!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I know exactly what you mean! I probably wear a size 9 right now, depending on the ring. I used to be a size 8 even, but weight gain definitely shows up in my fingers. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

Congratulations on both your non-scale victory AND your scale victory!
Lara said…
Wow Awesome Job Lady!!! I'm dying to get results like yours. oH well little more dieting a little more running and I'll be catching up to you! :D P.S. Love the new ring!
Unknown said…
Hooray for another pair of shoes!!!!
Just Jay said…
COngrats on the new ring size!
Rena Davenport said…
I don't know you - you don't know me. I stumbled across your blog because I am trying to figure out if I need to exchange a pair of jeans for a different size and Google images pulled up some jeans on your site. I commend you both on your weight loss but also on your spirit and your self esteem to blog about it and hold your head up high. YOU GO GIRL!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR LIFE (AND WEDDING/MARRIAGE).

Let me know if you ever need a private jet
Rena Davenport said…
I don't know you - you don't know me. I stumbled across your blog because I am trying to figure out if I need to exchange a pair of jeans for a different size and Google images pulled up some jeans on your site. I commend you both on your weight loss but also on your spirit and your self esteem to blog about it and hold your head up high. YOU GO GIRL!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR LIFE (AND WEDDING/MARRIAGE).

Let me know if you ever need a private jet
That is awesome! Same thing happened to me. One day I realized my ring was missing and I freaked out but luckily it was on the bathroom floor. I hate not wearing it but I'm with you, I want to wait to get it resized!! Now if I could JUST keep losing weight!!!
Laura said…
Thats great~! I totally understand what it feels like to lose ring sizes! When my boyfriend and I originally started dating I was a 5.5 (promise ring) and by the time we get engaged the standard size 7 was too tight... I have REALLY tiny hands so that was a sad day for me to realize how big I had gotten... now I am back down to my tiny-handed former self (even though i still have weight to lose overall)...

I am so glad you shared your story! thanks for the non-scale victory reminder!

Laura @ http://skinnypantsdreams.blogspot.com/ (formerly win lose or blog)
erica said…
Congrats on the ring size loss!!! I was so excited when I hd to get mine made a size smaller!

xo
Celia said…
Been there! Then one Valentines Day my husband & I went to a tattoo parlor & had our wedding rings tattooed on. Neither of us will lose them now!
Celia said…
Been there! Then one Valentines Day my husband & I went to a tattoo parlor & had our wedding rings tattooed on. Neither of us will lose them now!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway