Something Strange is Afoot

I've never felt more out of control on this journey, or more like I don't really care. The fact that I'm even noticing this shows me that I care but lately I've just been holding on to the bandwagon for dear life.

I ate as planned yesterday until about 8 o'clock. I went and worked out and after I came back I ate a yogurt, a skinny cow ice cream bar dipped in PB2 (which, by the way, is quite delicious)...and then a second ice cream bar. I was never satisfied.

The scale has also been doing some strange things. It appears that I've gained nearly 4 lbs in the past half week. I've not been eating my best, but I've certainly not been eating 4 lbs gained worth. I think my body may just be adjusting after the end of the competition. Maybe my subconscious is giving it a break that I wasn't made aware of.

Maybe it is healthy for my body to take a break from all the losing and this is its way of telling me that?

I've had a constant headache for about 3 weeks now and I think it could be due to a medication that I've been taking. I stopped taking it a few days ago to see if that was the reason but its still here.

Either way, I'm not giving up. Maybe I'll take a week and just eat the number of calories needed to maintain my weight to give my body a break. But this weight will come off. I won't give up until I've reached a healthy BMI.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sometimes our bodies react in the weirdest ways and there doesn't seem to be an explanation. i've been in a funk recently too and my weight seems to be all over the place. Could it be that going off the medication has thrown your body out of whack as well?

Glad you're not gonna give up, cause if you keep doing everything right, your body will respond eventually. At least that's what I keep telling myself!
Just Brandi said…
Hello there!
First of all CONGRATS to you! You have almost lost 100 pounds! That is AMAZING!

Secondly, weight loss is a journey, and it's not all rainbows and sunshine.
Sometimes we gain when we should have lost, sometimes we have a tough time, but the main thing you need to focus on is to not give up! And it sounds to me like you've got that down!!!

Good luck to you, you have already accomplished so much, I know you can do it!
divad said…
It's all part of the roller coaster of this journey. Keep at it and you'll be breezing through again. It's so hard...I know. Oh, do I know.
Karen@WaistingTime said…
I spent my summer eating really well most days but then binging one or two days each week, usually because of some social event. I know the math never added up - no way I could gain 3-5 pounds in those one or two days each week. It takes me much longer then to get it back off. Frustrating!! Now I am on track and back where I started and suspect my body will punish me by losing ever so ssssslowly.
Celeste said…
Hang in girl! We all have low times. I think a little bit of a lull is normal and it's okay. Allow yourself and your body time to get to know each other again.
PS - I would love if you came and said hi!
Raegun said…
Hi! I just found your blog and I'm LOVING it. Especially the part about buying a new pair of shoes for each ten pounds....may have to borrow that! I look forward to following you & reading more!
Rae
xo
Raegun said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Hey, I can't view your site properly within Opera, I actually hope you look into fixing this.
Anonymous said…
My partner and I really enjoyed reading this blog post, I was just itching to know do you trade featured posts? I am always trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.
Anonymous said…
What a great resource!
Anonymous said…
I absolutely love your website.. Very nice colors & theme.

Did you build this amazing site yourself? Please reply
back as I'm planning to create my very own blog and want to know where you got this from
or what the theme is named. Thank you!|

Visit my webpage program do rozliczenia pit 2013

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway