In a funk

Hey friends! Sorry for my absence this past little bit. I've been feeling a little drained. There is something about going from not caring at all about what goes in and out of your body to obsessing about it all the time that is just exhausting. I've not worked out since last Thursday. I have not logged a complete day of calories in over a week. As you all know, I haven't blogged in a week. I haven't even stuck to my "no diet soda except for the weekends policy." Don't get me wrong. I haven't given up. I've simply taken a break from all the measuring.

In spite of my slacking off at all of these things, the scale was exceptionally nice on Saturday with a loss of 4.4 lbs. (PS. This is really shocking to me. I have no idea why I continue to lose quite a bit of weight week after week. I expected it to slow down by now. But hey, I'll take what I can get.)

Today however, I was a bottomless pit! I simply could never feel satisfied. I had some fruit and cottage cheese for breakfast. Then I went back for an apple and some PB2 followed by a 100 calorie bag of kettle corn. 30 minutes later I heated my lean cuisine in hopes I would finally stop feeling hungry.

I don't know exactly what was was happening. I asked myself several times what I was feeling but my witty, but ever-so-useless inner voice replied "I'm feeling hungry." So, I listened to what I was craving and tried to find something to eat that wouldn't throw off my whole day.

Do you get into these funks? Are there days where you can just tell that your umph isn't there? How do you get back into your groove?

Comments

As long as your eating is healthy stuff, then you're fine!! Congrats on the continued weight loss. I agree, take what you can get! There are days when I feel like I could just eat the whole house, then there are ones, like yesterday, when I just didn't want to eat. Of course, now I woke up SUPER hungry!!
Funks? Yep. Not sure how I get my groove back but it is never easy. But the longer I string together "good" days, the easier it becomes:)
divad said…
It's so hard when these days come...but persevere and fight through them. I get my groove back by forcing myself to stick to my non-negotiables - for me no white flour/sugar products. That somehow stops the crazy cycle and helps me get back on track.
Anonymous said…
There are all kinds of things I do. Like, I try to break it down into a one day at a time philosphy. Just focus on one good day. Then tomorrow? One good day. And then another and another. Then all of a sudden it's weigh-in day again.

Also, Jen at Prior Fat Girl has a great post today where she refers to MizFit's Be Your Own Superhero philosphy. Jen says there were many many many days where her motivation disappeared and she'd cry. But she Just Kept Going.

There is of course the old standby "fake it til you make it".

The bottom line? Just don't give up.
Kendra said…
I just got out of one of those funks. It always seems to be the same thing for me. Drop the sugar and sugar substitutes. It works every time.
#1Sis said…
I'm in a funk too! Bad news. As for remotivation...I go to weight watchers meetings and then feel guilty and recommit.Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway