Sweet or Savory

Sweets have never been my weakness. They are good and yes I do indulge in them every so often, but they aren't the foods that I find myself craving all the time. I could easily give up cake and cookies without feeling too bad about it.

However, tempt me with a cheese burger, pizza, or a taco and I'm a gonner. I love actual food. Something thick, meaty, salty....something that will fill me up.

Here is the problem: I can easily satisfy a sweet tooth with skinny cow ice cream or a jello pudding snack. I cannot find a satisfying savory snack. The other night I had a knock down drag out fight with myself and nearly ended up in the taco bell drive thru for a crunchy beef taco al fresco. It would have only been 150 calories, but none of them would have been good for me.

So, what are your go to snacks for your savory cravings?

Comments

Meg said…
Ok, this sounds ridiculous but is delicious! Baby carrots dipped in salsa or fat-free bean dip. Seriously knocks my tortilla-chip craving out.
Lara Lee said…
I always crave pizza and tacos. those are mine. It's ridiculous! and its like a constant need... sigh i know how you feel i'm just glad there isnt a pizza drive through quite yet. hahah
Unknown said…
Lara Lee I hate to tell you but Little C's Pizza now has drive throughs for hot and ready pizza, or picking up an order at some of their newer locations.
I have not good suggestions. I am a sweet or salty or bready person. Sigh.
I'm with you, give me a cheeseburger or a taco anyday. I could easily give up desserts too. Not a problem. But give me some sweet and sour chicken or something GOOD, I lose control. Grr. Notice my blog is mostly about MEALS and not desserts. I don't NEED the desserts, I NEED the good healthy food. It helps but it still takes a lot of will when I make a super tasty burger and SOOOOO want a second one!
Anonymous said…
Hey Sherman, whatever dude?!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway