A Non-Scale Victory.

I've never been able to wear my friends clothes. I've never even considered asking. I've always been the fat friend. I used to be so jealous of other girls that had 4 times the wardrobe because they could share and swap back and forth. The only person I've been able to share clothes with was my sister and I haven't been able to do that for years.

This past weekend, that changed. I was with some friends and sat down on a bench that had recently been sprayed off. My whole back side was soaked. I was upset because I knew this meant that I had to spend the rest of the evening in soggy jeans. Then one of my friends piped up, "You can borrow a pair of mine!" and rushed off to her bedroom to find something suitable.

I had a quick flash back to "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" when they come up with the idea to share pants and the larger of the girls says, "You think that a pair of pants that fits all three of you is going to fit...all of this?!"

I was scared. I was scared that they wouldn't fit and I'd either be stuck in soggy jeans with my friends questioning why I was still wearing them, or in sausage casing tight pants that I couldn't move or breath in. My friend came bouncing back with a pair of pajama pants that I quickly changed into. THEY FIT! They weren't too tight, they weren't too lose. Granted...they were stretchy pajama pajama pants that probably could fit an array of people, but it didn't matter. They were my friend's pants and they were on me!

As for being back on the wagon...I'm pretty much rocking it. I've been to the gym every night this week. My eating has been on track. I lifted weights. I go on walks around my office park on my lunch break. BOYAH!

Comments

Foxy said…
That's great! I also remember starting appreciating the little things like the comfort in my seat on an aircraft... or crossing my legs or simply trying shoes on in shops! ;)
Kendra said…
Awesome! I'm totally looking forward to the day that I can fit in my friend's clothing. Granted, most of my friends are really thin but maybe.
Jess said…
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! Woohoo for you!
Christie said…
I love that you found my blog, because I love your blog!!! You look amazing and more importantly the smile on your face is not a forced one. Your honesty and openess is inspiring. Keep it up. I have a lot to lose, but I am right behind you!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Obtain and select some good points from you and it helps me to solve a problem, thanks.

- Henry

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway