Contest and Compliments

For those of you that don't know, Matthew and I were participating in a friendly round of couples biggest loser. Well.....Drum roll please.....We won! This news is coming a little late as the competition ended a little over two weeks ago but I realized that I never shared that with you. Matt and I lost an average of 16% of our body weight in 11 weeks. Holy smokes! Matt did such a wonderful job and lost 60 lbs. Losing weight is much easier when you're married to an inspiration.

I'd like to send a shout out to my brother and sister-in-law who made the competition a challenge and kept the competition steep. They lost a combined 13.9%.

Today I wore a size 14. 14! I'm still shocked at that number. The smallest size I ever remember wearing is a 12 and I wore that when I was in jr. high. In high school I wore an 18 so I'm not quite sure when 14 got jumped, but lets just say I was young.

The pants I got from my sister when she came down to visit nearly a month ago. She's lost about 55 lbs herself and they were just hanging on her. So I made a deal with her. If I could put the pants on and do them up, she had to leave them with me. I was able to do that however, they were far from being acceptable in public. You know those items that you could wear out, but you really shouldn't? Yeah, thats where this one fits in. Well today I thought I'd give them a shot and low and behold, they fit.

Today while walking in to my office, one of my co-workers said "Wow! You look so skinny!" She later told me that it looked like I'd lost 20 lbs over the weekend. I guess this means that the jeans were a hit.

I'm starting to get a lot more compliments these days. They are very nice but I'm finding I'm having a hard time accepting them graciously. I was once told that when you are complicated you should simply say Thank you and accept the compliment. Am I the only one that has a hard time accepting compliments?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome job winning the competition! What was the prize??

I still can't seem to accept a compliment, and its kinda awkward that EVERYONE has been making a comment about my weight. I know its just because the new school semester started and its been a while since I've seen a lot of people, but its really awkward when the school janitor even makes a comment! You're definitely not alone in that :)
Just Jay said…
Congratulations on your success!
Leanne said…
You accept those compliments, Girl! You should be so proud of all you've accomplished so far. :-) I think as a society, we have a hard time (especially women) accepting compliments because we dwell so much on the negative internally.

Congrats on the win!!!
River said…
You won a Biggest Loser challenge and forgot to tell!! LMAO You're a sweet sweet girl. Congrats to both of you. That is one tough race to finish first!

I can't take compliments either. I get irritated and plain mad. Trying to grow out of it. But not happenning.
Blossom said…
No, you're not. It's always "thanks, but...". I'm trying to learn just to say "thanks"!
Michele said…
Just found your blog, love it! Congratulations on the win..and the loss! What an inspiration! :)
Foxy said…
cngratulations girl!! is that US 14? I wonder what that is in UK! :)

Amber
erica said…
Congrats on wearing a 14 that is absolutely amazing girly!

xo
Unknown said…
Congrats, Girl! You are an inspiration!!!

Thanks for noticing that I was MIA for a while. You're comment on my blog, made my day!!

Ps. I got a cute pair of shoes =)
Christina said…
Awesome job on winning the contest and love your blog header pic such a cute idea!!!
MizFit said…
girl you are definitely not the only one who struggles with that.

Still, today, I sometimes need to remind myself that when I brush off kind words from others I am, in a sense, denigrating them.

so I smile and say THANK YOU even if Im not really feeling it :)
Anonymous said…
Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.
Anonymous said…
this post is very usefull thx!
Anonymous said…
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway