Could it be love?

So my friend Dawne over at "It's My Time" always talks about falling in love with exercise. I agree that it is definitely something that will need to happen in order to be able to maintain this weight loss. To be honest, I'm not in love with the elliptical. There. I said it. I know it is surprising that I don't enjoy moving in the same spot, looking at the same thing, but I just don't.

Lately I've really enjoyed riding my bike but let's be realistic. I live in Utah. In a few months that isn't going to be an option for me.

I dabbled a bit in tennis, but I was really bad at it right off the back (who would have suspected) and I ended up just being really frustrated.

I'd like to think I'm going to be a runner, but I have pretty bad knees and I'm not sure that will ever happen.

I have, however, found a fondness in doing yoga. It was very unexpected. I tried it out a little at the beginning of this year when I was much larger and it just wasn't going to happen. As I've revisited the practice, I find myself really enjoying it. I finish my session sweating and shaking and the following day I'm usually sore.

I'm not sure Yoga is "The One" but it just may be. There is certainly some chemistry.

Have you fallen in love with exercise?

Comments

divad said…
Love takes time. There is the initial attraction, the chemistry, but you have to get to know each other, see how you complement each other. Love is also more than a feeling. The feelings may sometimes waver, but the commitment of love doesn't give in. Eventually, when you go through a hard time with your love - you love it (him, her) even more and you remember how your love brings out the best in you.

Here's to LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - if I could have that body in the pic you posted,I may fall in love with yoga too! LOL
Anonymous said…
Not yet, still waiting for the one I guess! As I lose the weight, exercising has become easier, which has helped me like it a bit more. But I haven't found one form that I just can't wait to do each day!
Unknown said…
Hey!! I tagged you in a fun little questions game :-) Come play!!
Karen said…
I'm not sure I ever love it while I am doing it. But I love that I have DONE it when it is over:)
Kendra said…
I've always been all kinds of Romeo and Juliet in love with dancing. I think that's probably why I was so depressed when I started gaining weight; no more ballet.

Im not falling in love with running but still have the old love for dance. I guess I'm just not exercise monogamous.
Viridiana said…
I love yoga...took it as a class, and have kinda been in love ever since. I really love the biggest loser video for it.
Unicorn said…
I've only tried yoga once following along with a work out video. I wasn't good at it. My exercise of choice is swimming. I LOVE it!
erica said…
I absolutely love yoga. Especially the Tara Stiles Yoga videos!

xo

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway