The Dress

This year I've found a lot of motivation in competitions like the biggest loser group I participated in. I also was inspired by the thought that if I could lose just 2 lbs a week, I could lose over 100 lbs in a year. There is a third inspiration I haven't shared with you. Back in March, Matthew and I booked our anniversary cruise. This November will mark our second year of marriage and we're celebrating by taking an 8 day cruise down to Acapulco, Mexico and I couldn't be more excited!

Since the time we booked it, I've had visions of what my vacation pictures could look like. How healthy I'd look. Last November we went on a cruise and our pictures were so bad I didn't really want to show anyone. I was so embarrassed of my size. We didn't even purchase any formal pictures on the cruise because I couldn't find one that I liked.

This year will be different. This year, I'll be hunting down the professional photographers on the ship an posing for all the pictures I'd like. I won't worry about onlookers and I'll take pride in what I see on the prints.

One of the things I've been the most excited for is the formal night. I've spent a lot of time looking for a dress that I just love and I finally found it. This little number stole my heart.

Looks hot huh? I found the dress at TJ Maxx and I couldn't stop thinking about it. THIS is the dress I want to be wearing. Well, there is one big problem. It doesn't do up in the back. This dress is a size 12. I'm not a size 12. I thought about finding the dress online and in a size up but when I found it, it was $5o more and I'm kind of a cheap girl.

I know that in order to make this dress happen, I'm really going to have to buckle down and try hard. I've lit my own flame. I have my motivation back. I'm focused. I'm eating right. I'm planning my evenings so I can exercise.

So the plan for the next 7 weeks is:
  • Log my food and exercise EVERY DAY! I've been slacking at this and I can really tell a difference.
  • Workout at least 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes.
  • Focus on toning and strength building exercises.

The photo of me in the dress is now my background on my phone so I am always reminded of my goals. I've got 45 days to lose a dress size but I've got a mountain of motivation. And how is this for a start?

What motivates you?

Comments

Lara said…
You are so going to do it!!!! I believe in you, and no matter what you've come so far this year you need to be ecstatic of your pictures you will get! you are an amazing motivational person. Thank you!
Girl that dress is HAWT!! And you look beautiful!
I love your motivation. You can so do this!!
Christina said…
That dress is so so cute!! I know you can do it don't give up and you will be so happy when it zips up and you see your pics from the cruise!!
erica said…
You look absolutely amazing! That dress is beautiful!

xo
Leanne said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress!!! You WILL be able to zip it up soon enough. :-)
Kendra said…
I love that dress! You look so pretty in it too.

How far from a 12 are you? It looks like it almost fits.

I have my own version of this in my closet. It's a black Calvin Klein dress that I was so in love with. I thought about it for weeks after I first saw it and bought it despite the fact that I don't yet wear a 14. I can do a 16 sometimes.
Jess said…
Girl...you look so awesome. You are going to do it!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway