Before Me

I've been wondering for quite some time now if I should remove old pictures of me from my Facebook. I look at the pictures and my smiles seem fake. They don't look like the me that I know. I didn't even see myself in them when I was that size.




But the thing is, that IS who I was. That is what I looked like. That was the sum of a lot of decisions I made. But I've decided not to delete or untag those old photos of me.


Before SherRon was pretty darn awesome. She nailed a pretty great job. She was a loving wife and sister. She was a good friend. She had the courage to walk in the gym that first time. She was smart enough to know that she needed to make a change and that it was up to her to do it. Before SherRon stays. She is both a warning and a beacon of hope.

Comments

Six of Us said…
As sappy as this sounds, I fell in love with the Before SherRon, but I'm excited as heck for the New SherRon. You're so freakin' awesome. {:
Michele said…
I'm glad you decided to keep the pics up, you're an inspiration! I love seeing the transformation, the revealing of the beauty on the inside to the outside! xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
You are and LOOK amazing. What an inspiration you are to me today.
Kendra said…
I get how you feel about the before pictures. When I look at the Kendra of a year ago, I don't feel like that girl. I don't know how I'll feel when I've actually lost a lot of weight.
Jess said…
That's right. I hate it that people think overweight us are no good until we are the skinny us. We are just as good even though we feel so much better. It's so hard for me to admit to those who judge though. :)
Desiree said…
just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award on my blog!

Check out the post here!

http://frugalistafatshionista.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-blog-award.html

Have a great day!

-Desiree
The Frugalista Fatshionista
Christie said…
My biggest fear in my weight loss journey is to negate the person I am now when I become someone new...the thing is...I am not how I look, I am the same me right now that I will be in 100 pounds and so are you. You have to be able to look back and say "look how far I've come"

Popular posts from this blog

Hello All

Hello World.

CSN Gift Card Giveaway